12xc 100 percent dating
In the same year the County Court made this order: "Thje Commissioners appointed to have the floor of the Court Houseproppd up re auhorized to h ave an y repairs mna de i n an par ofthe Houe t atthey may deem best and report to the Cout lso hav bulton the Public Square an Engine House an report to the Court." Ii - r a I = BRICK BUSINESS HOUSES. A cement roadway is built in front of the double doors leading from this room. which are evidence of the fact that the location for a Prison and Engine House as selected by the officers of Scott county nearly one hundred Years ago, is the same location where the new City Building now stands and serves that purpose: The First Fire Engine, "At a session of the County Court in 1807 an order was made allowing Elijah Craig, Samuel Sheppard and Job Stevenson 200 for a Fire Eng9ine." Engine House on Public Square. The Commis- xioners made their report, but the building was de- layed by John Hunter claiming the ground that had- been selected, which claim he refused to give up until the Court gave him a ten years' lease. boundaries of ground selected to erect prisons see County Court Orders under head of Early Courts of. At a session of the Court held in September, 1811, the following order was made: "Ordered that Richard M. Richardson and Cary Clarke, or any of them, be appointed to let the-build- ing of a wall around the jail, of stone or brick, to extend entirely around and to be 12 feet high, and the same commissioners are appointed to let the re- pairs of the jail and the roof and windows of the Court House and such new repairs as they may think necessary; to be paid out of the next levy." These rock walls are still seen around the lots now owned by Geo. This room is about twenty-five feet by forty-five feet and is well fitted out for the needs of the department. In the 'lofty tower above the eastern part of the building will be placed some day a town clock and it is probable that a bell will be selected to be placed there for the purpose of tolling the hours. The house stood on the site of the building re- cently owned and erected by Mr. It was a plain, substantial two-story frame house, with large grounds and comfortable surroundings. Judge Clarke was a Judge of the Circuit Court and for many years Clerk of the Circuit and Ccunty Courts.
Encoding has been done through an automated process using the recommendations for Level 1 of the TEI in Libraries Guidelines. They urged that this pamphlet be made a econa- plete history, and probably our soi, Oliver Wallace Gaines, iii late years might take uip the work and publish it in three volumes, as the writer intended to do within the niext five years. In Order Book B, page 345, shows that at a term of the County Court held in 1817 the following order was made: f The Commissioners appointed to sell the present Court House reported that they had sold the ftne to the Institute of the Rittenhouse Academy for 155, and returned the bond of said Trustees with M. Henry their security, payable, etc." Just Mistaken. It was held for the purpose of electing a Representa- tive'. Kutty and Craig were the Judges and Hawkins the Clerk. Johnson and John Payne, Gentlemen Justices, ordered that John Hunter, William Warner, Samuel Shepherd and William Story be appointed Trustees of George Town. The following is the order of the Court in 1800: "The appointment of Trustees for George Town was made at the April Court and confirmed, except George Boswell, who declines serving, and Toliver Craig, who has resigned his appointment." Elected by the Voters. the County Court Clerk, John Hawkins, to give notice to the citizens of the town that an election would be held on March 10th, 1804, for the purpose of electing a Board of Trustees. The official census of 1800 gave Scott County 8.007. In 1792 the Cincinnati pike was made the dividing line. Keen has moved to Georgetown to the house lately occupied by Dr.
No corrections have been made to the OCR-ed text and no editing has been done to the content of the original document. A number ot our closest friends knew we had been s-ekitig in rorlniation of a historieal fromii old citizens an(d col- lecting likenesses of the oldest citizens and houses. Craig's late residence, and converted into an oil factory by Charles Cullen." The Records Show. The first election held in Scott county was in 1798. Elijah Kutty, Toliver Craig and John Hawkins were the election officers appointed by the County Court. The greatest increase in any ten Years of that time was from 1800 to 1810 increasing 4,412. GEORGE TOWN LAID OFF 4 A BRIEF OF THE PLACE I Jr FROM 1792 TO 1816 t it J If the town was ever surveyed and laid off and its limits established prior to 1804 the records fail to show it. Henry will continue to practice law in the Scott Circuit Court.
The old Bull's-Eye," that stood on the corner of West Ma n and South Broadway, was the first brick business house erected in Georgetown. Brown, who built the brick residence, now owned by Miss Annie Grissum, on South Broadway, in x8o9. The front room on the- west side of the building is used as an office for the City Solicitor and the City Clerk.
221 FIRST BRICK BUSINESS HOUSE ERECTED IN GEORGE TOWN. Back of the fire department are offices for the Chief of Police and City Judge.
The obhject n10w is to catch the eye of the younger generation, and for this reason and sugges- tion the history apl)ears in this shape. It was an old one- story frame building, with very small windows and had been painted red." MRS. Henry Craig's house now stands and which is now owned by Mrs. The residence of George Boswell, in which sessions of the Coufity Court were held until the Court House was built, might have been located on Main street, the place now owned by Mrs. Storey, Samuel Shephard, John Branham, John Hawkins, R. The street now called Broadway was the Main street of Georgetown from 1792 to 1804.
The size in which the history appears was urged ly some of the leadling historians. fistories p Iltblished in book forim the size of the family Bible to be plaeed in the cornier of a parlor or library to catch the dinst of the room is a thing d Tr ,he past. Mary Hawkins, who was the mother of John Hawkins, the first County Clerk, and who died in 1870 in her 92nd Year, left the manuscript of a history of Georgetown with the late Dr. She states that "the first Court House in Georgetown was near the site of the present one, but it was afterwards moved up Main street to where Charles Cullen lived, the lot on which Dr. The proceedings of the first session can be found on page 2 of Order Book A, establishing the County Seat at George Town and purchasing the site-one acre of land-from Elijah Craig for the sum of six pounds, for the first Court House. There was only one voting precinct and that at the County Seat-George Town. The election was held for two days and the officers were allowed twelve shillings for two days' attendance each. At a Court held for Georget6wn at the Court House on Monday, the 22nd day of April, 1799, present John Mc Hatten, James M. The Trustees prior to this time had been appointed by the Court, and not elected by the qualified voters. Those who were elected as the Board of Trustees were Wm. All the creek on the east side was South Elkhorn and all on the west side was North Elkhorn.
On the eastern side of the dividing hallway are the offices of the Mayor and City Attorney. John Mosby and John Thomson, gentlemen, are appoint- ed Judges to superintend the election for Trustees for the town of Georgetown for the present year, and John Hawkins, Clerk pro tern., agreeable to an act of the General Assembly.
The rear part of the building is taken up with a large room for the Odd Fellows' Lodge.
It was just in the rear of the building Purchased from C. Below will be found several orders of the County Court in1 1807. In 1794 the Court appointed Commissioners to view a place to erect a new prison. A solid rock fence, 12 feet high, was built around the jail in i Il. The Trustees of the town many years ago pur- chased a little two-story brick building oil Court alley for a city prison. It was called "Old Watch House." The prisoners were kept on the lower floor and the upper floor was used for holding courts. The east corner of the lower floor is taken up ill the room for the fire department.
When ttiis old well was discovered one of the newspapers of the thi Made this mention of it: "Old Well Unearthed." "In excavating for the new City Building an artesian well, 117 feet deep, was found. No use can be niade of the well, as it will be just underneath the vault of the new building." Some Interesting Orders of the Court. Among those who kept THE OLD BULL'S-EYE." E RECTE D I N 1799-1800. to be well Posted and railed and fiislhed by the next Court, at the northeast corner of the Public Square, for which he is allowed the sum- of six Pounds. Brown, and he sold it to Ford Bros., for a law office. It stands where the first stocks and stay pen stood, which were erected in 1792.
You have found an item located in the Kentuckiana Digital Library. There is a stairway leading down from this room into the basement that the prisoners may be brought up from their cells directly into the court room. On the second floor is located the Council Cham- ber, a large room thirty-six feet square on the west side of the building. Georgetown now became a real, live place and assumed the dignity of an incorporated town, by virtue of an act of the Legislature' FEBRUARY COURT, 1804, l SCOTT COUNTY, SCT. The said Judges having previously advertised the citizens of Georgetown that an election for their Trustees would be held at the Court House on this day, to-wit, the 10th day of March, 1804, met agreeable thereto and received the votes. Persons voted for-John Bratihamn, William Story, R.Tags: Adult Dating, affair dating, sex dating